Thursday, August 4, 2011

Cowboys vs. Aliens

At first glance one might think that a movie titled "Cowboy vs. Aliens" is a joke. I know I did when I first saw the previews, but then I saw Daniel Craig and even more importantly Harrison Ford. If anyone could turn a poorly written Sci-Fi movie and make it bearable or even something worth while it would be Mr. Harry Ford. Well, it turns out not even the legendary likes of Han Solo himself could salvage an otherwise poorly written, poorly thought out story. It seemed as if the story was written in the spirit of a good ol' fashion western (bad guy is presented and then the rest of the movie is spent hunting said bad guy down)but then they threw in the aliens as a cheap afterthought, sort of how zombies and vampires are being used to "spice up" an otherwise boring story(a habit most people have come to accept as commonplace). I wouldn't have a problem with this if the story didnt seem so... off balance throughout the entire film. When the story would present a problem like the lead lady being wounded or the bad guys having the upper hand they would solve these issues by some strange, almost ridiculous method. For example Daniel Craig has this bracelet which allows him to fight with the aliens, but when I found out how he obtained said bracelet My mouth almost dropped to the floor in a mixture of disgust and utter disbelief. It's plot holes like this that constantly have me rolling my eyes and begging for the movie to be over. The dialogue and acting weren't terrible but certainly nothing to write home about. Overall, I wasn't at all impressed with this movie, but what should I expect from such a ridiculos title? It's like expecting a movie titled "Mr. Kagoshima Wonder Emporium could be good. At least Harrison Ford made me laugh from time to time, even though I don't think what he was saying was supposed to be funny I'll give this movie a 4.5 out of 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment