Sunday, August 14, 2011

Leaving for School

I told a friend recently that leaving home and going to school is like going from hot to cold water. I want to take this time to retract that statement. I realize now that this is closer to losing a part of one's self momentarily. It's not a simple adjustment but rather a complete overhaul. New people, new settings, new goals. At least for me it seems I'm a whole different person when I leave for school. I guess it took actually packing all my things up and taking the 7 hour drive to realize my mistake. Ill miss my friends and family the most of all, but maybe they can take this time to figure out how to be as cool as me. So the lesson of the day is when you leave the town and people you grow up with you leave a little part of yourself behind. Nothing like a simple change of temperature.

No comments:

Post a Comment